This comes after Finance Minister, Calle Schlettwein, announced last week during his 2018/19 budget speech in Parliament that the ministry had recovered N$972 million from the N$4 billion that it claims it is owed in tax arrears.
Treasury introduced the second tax incentive scheme on 11 September 2017 after a number of tax defaulters failed to heed the call to pay their outstanding taxes under the first incentive programme which terminated on 31 July.
The second programme ended on Monday, 12 March, 2018.
In a notice on Wednesday, the ministry said taxpayers who choose not to partake in the extended incentive programme shall become liable for the full payment of taxes and interests owing to the Receiver of Revenue.
“Inland Revenue Department will impose the full extent of the tax laws through the recovery provisions which include Attachment of Assets, Appointment of Agents and Recovery of Tax from Third Parties,” the statement said.