Actis, the investor in growth markets across Africa, Asia and Latin America has announced that it will be providing US$100,000 in sponsorship for two Honoris United Universities’ graduates to complete a postgraduate qualification at the world’s leading educational establishments.
The graduates will have the opportunity to apply for these scholarships to study at world-class institutions such as University of Oxford, University of Cambridge, or a Russell Group University in the UK or at an Ivy League or similarly prestigious university in the US.
The first beneficiaries of the scholarship are expected to start in October 2018.
“We are proud to provide this sponsorship. It reflects the calibre of Honoris United Universities’ graduates and the benefits we see in international mobility. Through the companies we have invested in, we employ over 100,000 people across Africa. We know that African businesses have international ambitions and we understand that they are looking for candidates with global perspectives who also understand the diversity of Africa and its local markets, while demonstrating the skills to operate successfully,” Rick Phillips, a Partner at Actis said.
Luis Lopez, Chief Executive Officer of Honoris United Universities, said these scholarships embody the international mobility and collaborative intelligence at the core of Honoris United Universities’ values.
“We are proud to be forming Africa’s next generation of entrepreneurs and leaders by providing high quality, accessible education. We are delighted that our graduates will benefit from this opportunity to further widen their horizons and we firmly believe that they will also offer fantastic perspectives, forged in Africa, to these leading establishments.” The eligibility criteria for the Actis International Scholarship are available at the Provost’s Office of each Honoris United Universities’ institution and at the following link: Actis International Scholarship.
The student must satisfy the following requirements for the Actis International Scholarship:
Step 1: • Be enrolled in a Master’s degree programme at MANCOSA or have completed a Master’s degree programme at MANCOSA;
• Have an excellent academic dossier (top 10 percent of graduating class, with distinction/“mention”);
• Demonstrate a record of extra-curricular activities in support of application for a specific programme;
• Exhibit maturity and sense of responsibility as assessed by a personal statement;
• Submit three letters of recommendation, at least two from academics or employers sources who know the candidate well;
• Undergo an interview by MANCOSA;
• Pass the chosen university entrance exams as required;
• Pass all standardised tests required by the postgraduate programme.
• Applications must be received by MANCOSA before 30 November 2017.
Step 2: Students satisfying the above criteria will be pre-selected by Honoris United Universities Selection Committee.